National Entrance Screening Test 2019 is a mandatory test for students looking forward to secure a place for themselves in National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai. This examination not only helps one to prepare for the admission in these two premier institutions but also trains candidate for other applied science institutions in the country.
Interested candidates can send their applications by March 11, 2019, for which one must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Students born on or after August 01, 1999. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ ST/ Physically Disabled (PD) candidates.
- The student must have qualified class 12th examination in either 2017 or 2018. Students appearing in 2019 are also eligible.
- The students must have scored at least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class 12 (or equivalent) examination from any recognized Board in India. For Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Persons with Disability (PD), the minimum requirement is 55%.
- The student should secure a position in the NEST merit list.
Benefits offered under this examination are as below:
- Admission in the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai – Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai.
- An annual scholarship of INR 60,000 either through the INSPIRE program of Department of Science and Technology or the DISHA program of Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India.
- The scholarship recipients will also receive a grant of INR 20,000 per annum for a summer internship.
- The top performers at NISER and CEBS, securing overall grades above a certain threshold at the end of the programme, are eligible to appear directly for the interview for admission to Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) training school.