Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts open recruitment for various SSC exams every year. One such exam is the SSC JE (Junior Engineer) exam. Interested candidates can apply for the SSC JE post by logging into the official website of SSC. In this article, we shall discuss the online application procedure of SSC JE exam.
In 2019, the SSC JE online application procedure was held between February 01 – 25, 2019. Aspirants who are interested to take the exam need to apply online through the registration link which is updated in the SSC official website.
Let’s explore the online application process of SSC JE exam which comprises of 2 parts:
- One-Time Registration
- Online Application Form
- One-Time Registration: In a one-time registration process, an applicant should closely examine the guidelines and instructions as given in the SSC JE exam notification. It is important that a candidate should properly review the eligibility criteria, minimum qualifications, emoluments, exam dates, etc. before registering for the exam. While filling up the ‘Online Application Form’, a candidate should keep all the documents ready during registration as mentioned below:
- A candidate should keep his mobile number and email ID available as he needs to furnish these details while registering for the test. He should keep them in an active state so that he can receive all updates pertaining to the exam accordingly.
- An applicant needs to update his Aadhar Card details as proof of identification. Just in case he does not have this card, he can also provide any of the following documents like PAN Card, Voter ID Card, Driving Licence, Passport, School or College ID Card, etc. as ID proof.
- An applicant needs to mandatorily provide a scanned colour passport-size photograph of himself which is in JPEG format. The dimensions of the photo should be between 20 – 50 KB in size.
Once the applicant fills up the Application Form, he should carefully inspect all the details furnished in the One-Time Registration process like:
- Personal Details like Name, Surname, Guardian details, Date of Birth, etc.
- Category Details like Nationality, Identification marks like scars, birthmarks, etc.
- Contact Number or Phone Details
For any edits, a candidate can modify the application details within 7 days from registration. It may result in forfeiture of application if incorrect details are furnished in the Application Form.
- Online Application Form: A candidate can log in to the SSC official website through his/her registered Email ID and password. He needs to click on the ‘Apply’ link of the SSC JE (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Quantity Surveying & Contracts) Examination section under ‘Latest Notifications’ tab of the official page. Further, he needs to update his biometric impression, photo and signature on the link and fill it as he had done in the One-time registration process.
After the registration process is completed, the candidate needs to pay an Application fee of Rs 100/- through any of the following payment modes:
- Net Banking
- SBI Challan
- Credit or Debit cards
- BHIM UPI
For more information about any of the SSC exams, you can check the BYJU’S website or talk to our Academic Counsellors to learn more.